When you search for "mechanics near me" in Walnut Creek, you may find a variety of auto repair mechanics, but how do you decide which shop to select? "Mechanics near me" is a pretty broad search, so here are a few indicators to help you decided if the auto repair shop you found is a good one. Naturally you want to check what reviews their mechanics received on Yelp and Google. But going beyond reviews, it's worthwhile to look at the shop's website:
- Does it work on the brands you own? Some shops specialize and will not work on your brand if it's not a part of their repertoire.
- If there are pictures of the waiting room - does it look like a place that you could go into and not come out all smeared in motor oil and grease?
- Are their mechanics certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)?
- Does the shop offer Digital Vehicle Inspections? This tells you that the owners are keeping up with the industry standards.
- Does the shop use cutting-edge digital diagnostic tools? Automobiles have become computers-on-wheels, it's important that a mechanic that works on your vehicle is equipped with the latest tools.
- What is the warranty they offer? Quality auto repair shops are confident in the quality of their work and the quality of the parts they use, so they offer 36 months / 36,000 miles warranty.
If the shop "checks out" on all of the above, there is a pretty good chance that you found a true gem. At Diablo Auto Specialists, the premier Walnut Creek auto care garage, we fulfill all of the above requirements, and we are friendly folk, too.